We at Heritage Mitsubishi love our wonderful state. We are sure that everyone knows all about the beautiful nature and great tasting food, but we found a few interesting facts that you may not know!
- The largest indoor aquarium in the world is located in Georgia. There are 100,000 animals and 8 million gallons of water!
- Atlanta was briefly called Terminus.
- There are only two places that the sweet Vidalia onion can be grown, Vidalia and Glennville, Georgia! There is something special about the soil and water in both those towns.
- A Georgia doctor sold the very first bottle of Coke at Jacob’s Pharmacy soda fountain in 1886.
- We have a state possum named Pogo.
- Cordele, Georgia is commonly known as the watermelon capital of the world!
- Georgia was the leader in the movement to grant 18 year-olds the right to vote.
- The Varsity in Atlanta is the biggest drive-in restaurant in the world and is a world-wide landmark.
- Georgia is the country’s largest producer of peanuts. We make 44% of all the peanuts in the country!
- Georgia also is the highest producer of paper, board, and textile products.
There you have it, 10 things about Georgia that you probably didn’t know! What are some other interesting facts you can think of?