Knowing how to change a car tire is essential to anyone driving on the highway. Even if you have roadside assistance, you can often switch out a flat tire for your spare before help arrives. It’s a pretty simple process, no matter how challenging it may seem. All you need is a jack, a wrench, a spare tire, and your owner’s manual. We here at Heritage Mitsubishi know the simplest way to change a car tire!
- Pull off to the side of the road. Straight, level roadways are ideal
- Pop off your hubcap and loosen each lug nut. Don’t remove them altogether and leave the car on the ground. You may need the leverage.
- Jack up the car about half a foot. Consult your owner’s manual to see where the jack should be placed on your particular vehicle.
- Remove the lug nuts and keep them in a secure place so you don’t lose them.
- Remove the flat tire by pulling straight away from the car.
- Line up your spare tire with the lug nut posts then push the tire in as far as it will go.
- Replace the bolts but don’t tighten them just yet.
- Lower the car to the ground.
- Tighten the lug nuts, replace the hubcap, and you’re done!