Nothing can quite capture the joy, relaxation, and fun of spending a day out on the water. If you’re looking for some boating fun here in Georgia, here are the five best boating lakes near Atlanta and Morrow, Georgia.
- Lake Allatoona. Just 40 minutes north of Atlanta, you’ll find this beautiful gem of a lake. It offers numerous boating amenities including docks and marinas. You can enjoy sailing, wind surging, or power boating.
- Lake Lanier. Another beautiful lake is Lake Lanier just 45 minutes north of Atlanta. This lake was even used for rowing and kayaking events during the 1996 Olympic Games in Atlanta.
- Lake Jackson. This lake is operated by the Georgia Power Company and is popular during the summer with boaters and skiers. You’ll be able catch a big haul of crapper, spotted bass, and more.
- West Point Lake. Straddling the Georgia-Alabama border is the beautiful West Point Lake. It offers 500 miles of shoreline and is a great place of boating and other water sports.
- Lake Oconee. This relatively shallow lake is a great place for a wide range of water activities, including fishing, boating, water skiing, and more. It is located just over an hour east of Morrow.
What is your favorite lake in the Atlanta area?